Zan Mitrev's TeamBack to Doctors
Rodney Rosalia, PhD
Tumour immunology and vaccine development
Place of birth:
- 2008 – 2013 PhD in tumour immunology and vaccine development, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, the Netherlands
- 2004 – 2007 Sc. in Oncology, VU University, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- 1999 – 2004 Sc. in Medical Science, Saxion University of professional education, Enschede, the Netherlands
- 1993 – 1999 Higher General Secondary Education, the Radulphus College, Curaçao.
Advanced education & courses
- A masterclass in Statistics and Research Methodology, European Association for Anaesthesiology, Katowice, Poland.
- ICH-GCP, Whitehall training/TransCelerate BioPharma
- Advanced course on Laboratory Animal Science, FELASA C, University of Zurich
- Laboratory Animal Science, Faculty of biomedical science, Leiden University
- Advanced Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Leiden University
- Trends in Immunology, Oncology Graduate School, VU University Amsterdam
- Teaching Character and Creating Positive Classrooms, Relay Graduate School of Education
- Teaching in English in a non-English speaking environment, Center for University Teaching and Learning of the University of Zurich
- Supervising students – dealing with roles and relationships, Educational Development and Technology of the ETH Zurich
- Scientific writing in English, VU University Amsterdam
- Since Aug 2016 Scientific Officer, Quality Assurance Officer, Zan Mitrev Clinic, Skopje, Macedonia
- Aug 2016 – June 2017 Natural & Life Sciences teacher and scientific inquiry Coordinator, NOVA international schools, Skopje Macedonia
- Sep 2013 – Feb 2016 Postdoctoral research associate, Department of clinical immunology University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
- Sep 2008 – Apr 2013 PhD candidate, Division of Tumor Immunology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden The Netherlands
- Sep 2007 – Sep 2008 Graduate research assistant, cancer immunology laboratory, Institute for Molecular Genetics Prague, Czech Republic
- Feb 2007 – Jul 2007 Research internship, immunotherapy laboratory VU, The Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- AROME ESO meeting, 2016, Macedonia
- Joint Immunology meeting seminar, 2015, Switzerland
- Joint cancer meeting seminar, 2015, Switzerland
- Dutch Tumor Immunology Conference, 2011 & 2012, The Netherlands
- 4th Wadden symposium “Novel strategies in immunotherapy of cancer,” 2011, The Netherlands.
- FIGON “Dutch Medicine days” conference, 2011, The Netherlands.
- EACR “9th International conference on progress in vaccination against Cancer” in 2009, Bulgaria
- Keystone Symposia Conference “Immunological Mechanisms of Vaccination,” 2012, Canada
- EMBO 7th Antigen Processing and Presentation (APP) Workshop 2012, The Netherlands.
- EACR 11th International conference on progress in vaccination against Cancer, 2011, Denmark.
- 5th ENII EFIS/EJI Immunology Summer School 2010, Italy
- EACR “Young Researcher Award” at the PIVAC9 conference in 2009
- Dutch Cancer Foundation (KWF) “Master student fellowship grant,” the grant was used to finance my post-graduate research project at the Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic
- A “Curaçao young talent” grant was provided by the non-profit organisation “Fundashon bon intenshon” to finance my post-graduate research project at the Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic.
- Poly-(lactic-co-glycolic-acid)-based particulate vaccines: Particle uptake by dendritic cells is a key parameter for immune activation. Vaccine. 2015 (IF = 3.6)
- CD40-targeted Dendritic Cell Delivery of PLGA-Nanoparticle vaccine induce potent anti-tumor responses. Biomaterials 2014 (IF = 8.3)
- Use of enhanced interleukin-2 formulations for improved immunotherapy against cancer. Curr Opin Chem Biol. 2014 (IF = 7.7)
- Targeting Nanoparticles to CD40, DEC-205 or CD11c Molecules on Dendritic Cells for Efficient CD8+ T cell Response: A Comparative Study. J Control Release. 2014 (IF = 7.261)
- Dendritic cells process long synthetic peptides better than whole protein, improving antigen presentation and T‐cell activation. Eur J Immunol. 2013. (IF = 4.5)
- Efficient ex vivo induction of T cells with potent anti-tumour activity by protein antigen encapsulated in nanoparticles. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2013 (IF = 3.9)
- Optimization of encapsulation of a synthetic long peptide in PLGA nanoparticles: low burst: release is crucial for efficient CD8+ T cell activation. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2012 (IF = 4.3)
- Administration of anti-CD25 mAb leads to impaired α-galactosylceramide-mediated induction of IFN-γ production in a murine model. Immunobiology. 2012 (IF = 3.2)
- Selective transduction of mature DC in human skin and lymph nodes by CD80/CD86-targeted fibre-modified adenovirus-5/3. J Immunother. 2009 (IF = 3.2)
- Passive immunisation of guinea pigs with llama single-domain antibody fragments against foot-and-mouth disease. Vet Microbiol. 2007 (IF = 3.3)
- Depletion of T(reg) cells inhibits minimal residual disease after surgery of HPV16-associated tumours. Int J Oncol. 2006 (IF = 2.7)